4/20? You mean 1/5 reduce your fractions did you even learn math
Do u ever want to make a post and then realize that certain people might see ur shit
And then u angrily delete ur shit
- baby: t- t-
- parents: the baby's first words!
- baby: t- thh- th-
- parents: three??? thing???
- baby: t- tha- tha-
- baby: That’s right, I am Kira. And what can you do? Kill me right here? Hear this: I’m not only Kira, but I’m also God of the new world. Kira has become law in the world we now live. He’s the one who’s maintaining order. I have become justice, the only hope for mankind. Kill me? Is that really the right thing to do? Since Kira’s appearance six years ago, wars have stopped and global crime rates have been reduced by over 70%, but it’s not enough! This world is still rotten… with too many rotten people…. Somebody has to do this! And when I first got that notebook all those years ago, I knew I had to do it—no, I was the only one who could! I understood that killing people was a crime. THERE WAS NO OTHER WAY! THE WORLD HAD TO BE FIXED! A purpose given to me! Only I could do it! Who else could’ve done it and come this far?! WOULD THEY’VE KEPT GOING?! … The only one… who can create a new world… is me…
i see lucy as a racist film that plays on negative stereotypes while hiding behind the cover of (white) feminism.
all this film has done is switch out the white man for a white woman. it’s still a film about a white person getting violated by the evil poc, then gaining power and wiping them out.
here’s 2 of my favourite scenes from the trailer:
from top to left to right:
KEEP CLEAN 保持清潔，APPLE 蘋果，ONION 洋蔥，GRAPE 葡萄，CHAIR 椅子，TOMATO 番茄
traditional chinese is an actual written language used by millions of people, not symbols to be thrown around at the whim of set designers because they look cool and idk, serves to create a menacing asian atmosphere. this is so disrespectful, and made even worse by the fact that this film in set it taipei, taiwan where the official written language is traditional chinese.
it doesn’t matter that this film caters to a primarily “white” audience who won’t be able to read it, the language and culture of taiwan isn’t something for you to twist and use as you deem fit because it’s “exotic.”
lucy shoots a guy for not being able to speak english.
she l i t e r a l l y shoots this taiwanese taxi driver, in taiwan for not being able to speak english. she’s in taipei and she’s shooting people as they are of no use to her because they don’t speak english.
just think about the sort of message that’s sending out. she’s not being “bad-ass strong female character who takes no shit,” she’s saying that english is useful and better. this is the type of harmful ideology that stretches all the way back from when western countries were colonising and forcing their language and customs on other countries.
let me explain with a real life example. i was born in new zealand to two taiwanese parents. i am fluent in english, but mandarin is conversational at best. my friends in taiwan say that i am “so lucky” to speak fluent english, when they are fluent in mandarin and their english level is no worse than my mandarin. they tell me that they want to perfect their english but in the same breath tell me that mandarin isn’t worth perfecting because i have english and that’s “enough”. they also tell me how pretty my white friends are when they see pictures.
this is the type of neo imperialism ideology that they’ve grown up buying into. it honestly hurts and frustrates me that they belittle their own culture like this, honestly believing that the western world is superior. this is the type of neo imperialism ideology that this film (hopefully unintentionally) promotes: white people are better and will save the day.
if they wanted to film a movie about a white women getting back at those who had violated her, why not film it in a western country? if they wanted to film it in taiwan, why not find an asian lead actress?
i do agree that we need more women protagonists in action/superhero movies, but not like this. its not okay that the female lead needs to be kidnapped and have her body cut open without her consent in order to gain her powers, and those said those powers do not make any of this racist bullshit okay.
i am just so tired and angry of poc always being brushed off to the side as either props or villains in mainstream media.
as a poc, it’s so frustrating to see that the of the standard of beauty still white women when we live in multi-cultural societies and a diverse world.
feminism is about equality. a film in which poc are presented as evil and inferior before being killed off by a superior white woman does not promote equality.
I just watched a kid break down in the bookstore because his books for the semester totaled $600 and that’s the american university system in a nutshell
I was on the verge of tears when I got to the cashier so yeah, that’s messed up
Yes mother I have slept for thirteen hours straight but Jesus slept for three days straight and started a religion so I don’t wanna hear it
I admit I was tempted to post this sometime in mid-August.
Anyway, you asked the right person because I have an enormous procrastination problem. I like to associate this with my massive intellect, but other people tell me it’s a run-of-the-mill personality flaw. Anyway, here are some tricks I’ve picked up.
- Make yourself accountable. The easiest way to do this is to get a beta reader and tell them you’ll have X words in X amount of time. But you can make yourself accountable to others by simply telling them you’re writing. You can tell your relatives or something, but I used to tell my dog, partially because she always looked kind of melancholy, so if I didn’t write I would associate her morose expression with my failure. You can make you accountable to yourself. Talk to yourself in the mirror, write Sticky Notes to yourself, use an old dinosaur toy as a sounding board.
- Time management. I’m still not good at this, but the advancements that I’ve made have really helped. It’s not necessary to budget every moment of your free time, but know generally when you want to write. Try to get all your internet surfing or reading out of the way before you write.
- Get active. Walking around for 20 minutes helps the imagination, but we can’t all do that. I lift weights while I scroll on Tumblr, which is possibly the most passive exercise ever, but it works. Take laps around the fridge or something. Get out of the chair. And while you are up, try to focus on something other than your story.
- Use inspiration. Find works that have a similar feel to them and revisit them when you’re stuck. If you’re trying for funny, read comedic works or watch comedies. If you’re trying for epic, read Tolkien or Martin. They don’t need to share genres or anything else - just go for the overtones. You can feed off the radiating awesomeness for motivation. You can do the same for music. I like Songza because they have a bunch of situations to match mood and occasion.
- Do something that keeps you away from your project. Nothing made me crazier than when my house didn’t have electricity for a week and I couldn’t write, except that time when we didn’t have Wifi and I couldn’t write. For some reason, nothing stimulates the brain like being forcible separated from writing, as opposed to voluntary separation, like procrastination.
I like how this turned out! I don’t know if I have a style or not I just draw something every once in a while. This is based on some cool clothing I saw online.
Please don’t reupload